Coronavirus: official information
Ambulance phone: 103
Coronavirus 2019-nCoV hotline Phones:
8 (017) 327 54 14 is the hotline of the State Institution "Minsk City Center for Hygiene and Epidemiology" on the prevention of infection caused by the 2019-nCoV coronavirus. The hotline operates from Monday to Sunday from 8.30 to 18.00.
201 (mobile)/122 (landline) is Infoline of the Belarusian Red Cross
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF THE DISEASE?
- Increased temperature
- Sore throat
Do you have similar symptoms?
Symptoms must be treated as carefully as possible; self-medication is not allowed. Stay at home and call the doctor at home or call 103.
How is coronavirus transmitted?
Like other respiratory viruses, coronavirus spreads through droplets that form when an infected person coughs or sneezes. Also, on rare occasions, it can spread when someone touches any contaminated surface, such as a doorknob. People become infected when they touch their mouth, nose, or eyes with contaminated hands.
How to get tested for coronavirus?
A coronavirus test is taken only by medical prescription.
HOW TO PROTECT YOURSELF AND FAMILY FROM INFECTION?
- The most important thing to do is to keep your hands clean, and when you cough or sneeze, cover your nose and mouth with a disposable tissue.
- Ask your relatives about their condition by phone, if possible, without personal contact with them.
- Try not to touch your mouth, nose, or eyes with unwashed hands (we usually unknowingly do this averagely 15 times per hour).
- Call your doctor immediately if you develop symptoms similar to coronavirus.
- Always wash your hands before eating
- Tell children how germs are spread and why hand and face hygiene is important
- Ventilate rooms more often and do wet cleaning, wipe tables, shelves, dishes
- If you suspect a coronavirus, you should leave the patient in a separate room and call a doctor
In transport and other public places
- Carry hand sanitizer with you to be able to clean your hands in any environment if needed
- Do not eat from shared containers or dishes if other people have immersed their fingers in them (applies to nuts, chips and other snacks)
- Minimize touching any surfaces and objects in public places
- Carry disposable tissues with you. Always cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Do not reuse the tissue, throw it away immediately.
REQUIRED ACTIONS IN SELF-INSULATION
- The recommended number of days for staying at home is 14;
- Try to use home delivery food or delegate one family member to buy groceries;
- Perform thermometry for yourself and your family;
- Eliminate all extraneous contacts;
- If you have symptoms typical of coronavirus infection, call your doctor at home.
INFECTION DISTRIBUTION PREVENTION
- be sure to keep a social distance of one and a half meters;
- cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze;
- be sure to wash your hands after touching handrails, turnstiles, etc.;
- use antiseptics distributors installed in public places