According to forecasters, intense snowfall, blizzard, snow drifts on the roads are possible in Minsk.
Recommendations of the Ministry of Emergencies in case of heavy snow and blizzard are:
- if possible, refrain from traveling, do not go outside;
- put the car in the garage, park it away from trees; bypass rickety buildings on the street and houses with an unstable roof;
- avoid trees, high-risk structures (bridges, overpasses, pipelines, power lines), parts of structures, objects hanging over buildings;
- close windows, doors, trapdoor and vents; remove things from the balconies.
If you are on the road:
- drive only on high roads and highways;
- stay within sight of the vehicle when leaving it.
In the event of a vehicle malfunction or very poor visibility:
- turn on the hazard warning lights;
- stop at the side of the road;
- wait for help in the car;
- leave the engine running with the glass open to provide ventilation and prevent carbon monoxide poisoning.
In case of an emergency, please call "101" and "112".